WELCOME BACK LETTER:
Dear CDG Patients and Families,
We sincerely hope this letter finds you and your family in good health! Our community has obviously been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. However, the new “normal” may be permanently altered. While many things have changed, our extreme commitment to your safety and our own safety remains the same.
Infection control has always been a top priority in our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes exist so that when you receive care, it is both safe and comfortable for patients and staff alike. Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the California Dental Association (CDA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the California Department of Public Health (CDPH), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued and can adapt our procedures in order to stay current.
As evidence of our current adherence to new guidelines, you may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect both our patients and our staff. Please see the next page for an overview of some of these changes, but a summary is highlighted here:
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. Unfortunately, that might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- When you are present for your cleaning appointment with the hygienist, this will be for hygiene only. We must schedule any doctor exam for a separate time or day. Unfortunately, there is currently a lack of the additional required personal protective equipment (masks, gowns, and faceshields) in this country, and as we must ensure no cross contamination we must also temporarily conserve our limited stock of supplies by not moving between rooms for exams. This is a temporary, but necessary, inconvenience for both us and patients.
- We are taking temperatures daily of every staff member and patient in the office.
- We have hand sanitizer to use as you enter our office and in various locations throughout.
- You will notice plexiglass barriers for our front office, HEPA air purifiers in the front office and in each operatory, and a general decrease in public items – no coffee, water bottles, lip balms, toothpaste and floss, books and magazines – in the interest of decreased cross contamination.
- We have installed filters in our HVAC system with a very high Microparticle Performance Rating and will run our fan continuously to improve air quality throughout the office.
- After your appointment is completed, in the interest of social distancing, you are free to bypass the front desk. A staff member will be calling you later to schedule your next appointment, collect payment, or a statement can be sent to you.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 707-745-8002 or visit our website at carquinezdental.com
Thank you so much for being our patient! We value your trust, compassion, and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back all our patients, neighbors, and friends!
Drs. Houston, Shafer, Singh, and the CDG Staff